A spell has been cast on me; since mastering the art of cookie piping during the writing of my book, I have been bitten with the cookie decorating bug and cannot stop.
Cookie decorating may not seem like the perfect activity with a small child around but believe me, it is. The dough can be made in big batches and keeps for ages in the fridge (2 weeks) or the freezer (2 months); a big batch of royal icing in a seal container keeps easily for two weeks.
You can make them a step here, a step there. Make the dough one day. Roll it out and bake another. The biscuits store for ages in the tin so you can decorate them when you are ready. In a life with constant interruptions, they are the perfect project to do a bit here, a bit there. So I’m smitten with biscuit decorating and Halloween was not going to pass without me making something suitably spooky.
These witches were cut out with these Lakeland Halloween cutters, currently an absolute bargain at just £2.29 online – it’s well worth ordering some for next year even if you won’t get them in time for this one – or visit your local store (I am currently in seventh heaven as they’ve opened a branch 15 minutes from my house at Westfield Stratford).
To coincide with Halloween and award-winning musical WICKED‘s sixth annual WICKED Day, 30 October 2011, the WICKED folks have given me TWO tickets to see the smash hit musical at the Apollo Victoria Theatre!
Based on the acclaimed novel by Gregory Maguire that re-imagines the stories and characters created by L. Frank Baum in ‘The Wonderful Wizard of Oz’, WICKED tells the incredible untold story of an unlikely but profound friendship between two girls who first meet as sorcery students. Their extraordinary adventures in Oz will ultimately see them fulfil their destinies as Glinda The Good and the Wicked Witch of the West.
Voted by theatre-goers as London’s “Most Popular Show” (2010 Olivier Award), “Best West End Show” (2011 & 2010 Whatsonstage.com Awards) and “Best Family Fun” (2009 Visit London Award), WICKED makes a magical night out!
WICKED Day is an afternoon of “green” family fun celebrating the long-running hit show to raise funds for the Woodland Trust’s Heartwood Forest Appeal. It features live performances and opportunities to meet the cast. Taking place at the London Film Museum on London’s South Bank, it is free and open to the public.
WICKED Day will give you a flavour of this unforgettable, award-winning musical and discovering that you’ve not been told the whole story about the Land of Oz…
• Competition will close on Sunday 20th November 2011
• Open to UK participants only
• Prize for the main winner is two tickets to see Wicked in London
• Travel and Accommodation not included
• Instructions form part of the terms and conditions
• Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
• I am running this competition on behalf of Think Jam who represent Wicked and will be responsible for sending the prize to the winner. Their decision is final and binding on the entrants and no correspondence will be entered into.
• Please note that prize tickets are subject to availability and are valid for a Monday to Thursday 7.30pm or Wednesday 2:30pm performance from 9 Jan – 27 May 2012, excluding 12 – 18 Feb and 2 – 14 April 2012. Prizes must be redeemed by 1 May 2012 for a performance before 27 May 2012.
• Recommended age is 7+
• There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
• The winner will be picked at random and contacted by email; if they do not respond within 14 days another winner may be chosen. The prize will be delivered to the winner within 28 days of confirmation of delivery address.
For a chance of winning simply fill in the form below. If there is no form then hit refresh and it should soon appear. Make a comment on the blog answering the following question before filling in the form; if you do not fill in the form your entries will not go into the draw.
Come back every day for extra bonus entries for even more opportunities to win!
Prize sponsored by Think Jam on behalf of Wicked