I have kicked things off with my own autumnal chocolate cupcakes – and a few shortcuts from We Bake’s supporter, Dr Oetker – but I’m sure you can do MUCH better.
If you’re knocking up some cupcakes in the next few days don’t forget to send them to We Bake and you may win a prize. This is where you sign up and create a profile.
- 125g caster sugar
- 125g softened butter
- 2 large eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 125g self raising flour
- 1 pouch Dr Oetker Easy Fill Cake Centres Rich Chocolate
- 1 canister Dr Oetker chocolate icing
- 50g white sugarpaste
- Dr Oetker gold shimmer spray
- Chocolate balls for decoration
- You will need 12 cupcake boxes or cases and two leaf cutters
- Preheat the oven to 190c / gas mark 5. In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract until smooth then quickly fold in the flour until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into the cupcake boxes or cases and bake for around 15-18 minutes until risen and golden.
- Leave the cupcake bases to cool for a few minutes and then inject the easy fill cake centres; leave to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, roll out the white sugar paste and stamp out leaf shapes. Lay these on a sheet of baking paper and spray with the gold decorating spray.
- When the cakes are cooled completely, cover the tops with swirls of chocolate icing.
- Affix the gold leaf shapes to the chocolate icing, dot over chocolate balls and serve.
This autumn chocolate cupcakes post was commissioned by Dr Oetker as part of the launch of their new We Bake platform. To sign up and join in the baking fun visit WeBake.co.uk.