When I published the picture of these overnight dill cucumber pickles on Instagram I had a great reaction with people saying how pretty they were.
This is barely a recipe, it’s just chopping and leaving ingredients overnight in white wine vinegar. I think what makes them pretty is how the pink pigment bleeds out of the red onion into the liquid.
I make a tub of these with the last third of a cucumber and leave them soaking in the fridge to use over the next few days. It makes a great sandwich filling or side salad.
Overnight dill cucumber pickles
- 1/3 cucumber thinly sliced into half moons
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced into half moons
- 3-4 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp black peppercorns
- 1/2 tbsp chopped dill
- Simply chop the ingredients and combine in a small plastic container. For best effect leave overnight for the pink colour to bleed into the vinegar. Use within 3-4 days.
To take part, simply blog about any recipe or idea where you eat an extra portion of vegetables.
There are a few rules:
- Please link to the current host (ME!) and to Helen at Fuss Free Flavours and Michelle at Utterly Scrummy.
- Use the Extra Veg logo
- Tweet using #ExtraVeg
- Closing date – 28th of the month
- By entering you are agreeing to let us use an image from your entry on this site, and to pin to Pinterest.
- Please be respectful of other people’s copyright
But feel free to:
Send to as many other events as you like