I have been trying to explain to my nearly five year old that the Olympic games taking place on our doorstep is a once in a lifetime event and that we are incredibly lucky to have had a bird’s eye view of the Olympic park being built just up the road from us.
I won’t lie, I’m not a sporty person but I have watched the build up with interest and have delighted in how excited my son is about the flame doing it’s tour of the country. I have tried to explain to him how hard it has been for people to get tickets through the ballot process and dare say there will be tantrums come end of July when he realises he can’t go.
Quite what he’d do if he realised what I’m giving away on my blog today I don’t like to think.
Thomas Cook are the official provider of short breaks to the London 2012 Games. They’re the only place in the UK where customers can buy guaranteed Olympic and Paralympic tickets with accommodation during the Games.
These short breaks known as Games Breaks start from £99 per person and are a fantastic way of getting people from all over the UK to the Olympic Games.
The team from Thomas Cook recently met up with some London bloggers to talk about lesser known places visitors to London should go to. Keeping things close to home I sang the praises of Walthamstow and you can watch my video about it here:
Giveaway #49: Win a Thomas Cook Games Break for Two at London 2012
HOW TO ENTER
- Complete the Rafflecopter form below to confirm your entries made via blog comments, Twitter, Facebook etc.
- This giveaway is currently set to run until Saturday 9th June however it may close early or be extended without notice.
- Read the rules below. Entries are verified so please no fibbing.
- Winners are announced on the Rafflecopter form after they have claimed their prizes.
First timers: How Rafflecopter works (video clip)
- No form showing? Hit refresh and it should appear
- Complete the form – or your entries will not go into the draw
- Mandatory entries to be completed first; i.e. leave a blog comment
- Want more chances to win? Bookmark https://maisoncupcake.com/giveaway and come back daily to register your bonus entries!
- Viewing this by email? You need to click through to enter.
1. Open to UK residents over the age of 18.
2. The prize is a Thomas Cook Games Break for two comprising two official London 2012 tickets to watch the Volley Ball Women’s Preliminaries at London Earl’s Court at 8pm on August 3rd 2012 with one night’s standard double room accommodation for two with breakfast at the Ibis hotel Heathrow checking out on August 4th 2012.
3. Instructions form part of the terms and conditions.
4. No fibs: each winner’s tweet entries and subscriptions etc are cross checked, cheats will have ALL entries disqualified.
5. This giveaway is hosted on behalf of prize sponsor Thomas Cook who will deliver the prize(s) following confirmation of winners’ contact details. In the first instance the winner will be given a telephone number to claim their prize.
6. The prize sponsor’s decision is final and binding on entrants; no further correspondence will be entered into.
7. There is no cash or alternative to the prize stated.
8. The prize is selected in good faith, however the prize sponsor may substitute with one similar value/type if original one is unavailable.
9.Winners are picked by Rafflecopter using random.org and the site owner contacts them by the email.
10. Failure to claim prizes within 48 hrs will result in a replacement winner being chosen. Please make sure you are checking your email on 10th June.
Thomas Cook Competition Terms and Conditions
1) a) The prize is a 1 night hotel stay at Ibis Heathrow in London for two people sharing a Double Standard room including breakfast. With Check in on 3 August 2012 and check out on 4 August 2012.
b) The prize also includes 2 Olympic Volleyball, Women’s Preliminaries tickets at Earls Court London, for 3 August 2012 at 20.00pm.
c) The competition prize includes a Transport for London Games Travelcard valid for travel to and from Olympic events stated within the competition prize. Please see more details here http://www.london2012.com/visiting/getting-to-the-games/plan-your-travel/travel-tickets.php
2) Prize does not include transport to/from London. The Prize-winner and companion will be responsible for all costs of transportation and all expenses other than those specifically stated above as being included in the prize.
3) The prize must be taken as offered it is non transferable or refundable.
4) There is no cash or other alternative products or services available from Thomas Cook as an exchange.
5) This competition prize is subject to Thomas Cook London 2012 terms and conditions and legal notices, stated on the Thomas Cook London 2012 website.
6) These conditions of use and entry are subject to the London 2012 ticketing terms and conditions set out in the following link http://www.tickets.london2012.com/purchaseterms.html
7) The London 2012 Organising Committee (LOCOG) offer no guarantee in relation to the London 2012 ticket prize, and cannot be held liable for any injury, loss or damage of any kind arising from a winner’s and guest’s use of the London 2012 ticket prize.
8) The prize on offer can not be re-sold
9) Thomas Cook will not accept any responsibility for lost, stolen or damaged prizes after these have been delivered to the competition winner.
10) The competition is not open to employees or agencies of Thomas Cook Group, their group companies or family members or anyone else connected to the competition.
Entry implies acceptance of these rules.
Promoter: Thomas Cook London 2012 Partnership, Thomas Cook UK & Ireland, 2nd Floor Sterling House,
6-10 Georges Road, Wimbledon SW19 4DP.
Bookmark the Maison Cupcake giveaway page
to see all current giveaways and
return for bonus chances to win daily!
With thanks to Thomas Cook
Victoria Jane says
I would love to win this once in a lifetime opportunity because my boyfriend and I would LOVE to be able to attend the games, and a short break away is exactly what we need right now, and the beautiful weather is making us want to spend all day outside! x
melanie stirling says
I would like to win because I never get to go to London,the last time was about 15 years ago.This would be a great oppurtunity 🙂
helen rhoads says
i would love to win as it would be fantastic to experience the atmosphere of a once in a lifetime event,it would be so exciting and i would love to be able talk to my grandchildren about it in years to come.I would love to be part of this historic event.
Tracy Nixon says
I would love to win because I never seem to celebrate ‘special’/national occasions within our capital! I think the atmosphere will be fabulous and I would love to be a part of it all!
elaine stokes says
I would love to win because its a once in a lifetime opportunity to see my nation at the Olympic games held in my nations capital LONDON.
I’d love to win, to be able to take my 8 year old daughter, an amazing experience for both of us!
I would like to win because my husband is DESPERATE to go & watch the women’s volleyball!
any chance to see any event at the olympics would be a dream come true my life totally revolves around them when they are on so if i would be fortunate enought to actually watch an event rather than on tv it woud be mind blowing
Annaloa Hilmarsdottir says
I want win because I ‘d love to see the Olympics, take in the atmosphere and see my kids in London.
wendy stanger (@kikicomp) says
I would love to win as its such a great thing to have the olympics here and Ive tried all the ballots etc to get a ticket & never got one:(
(am kiki woo on facebook)
Katherine L says
To experience the Olympics in your own hometown must be one of life’s best experiences! I’d love to win these tickets … and like lots of other people, I tried hard to buy tickets but was not successful! I can only imagine the electricity in the air during the Olympics and would love to feel it first hand cheering on the home team!
It would be wonderful to get to see the Olympics, it’s such an inspiring event and such a shame that so many people won’t be able to experience it.
Lynne OConnor says
As a Londoner who has failed to get any tickets for any events so far, I am desperate to experience the whole Olympic experience. At my age I don’t think there’s much chance of another London Olympics in my lifetime.
Zoe Corkhill (Mama Geek) says
I’d love to win because I would love to have this once in a lifetime experience!
My attempts to get tickets have epic failed and also it would stop my stuffing my face with Twirls in order to get a golden ticket.
I used to play Volleyball in school and absolutely loved it. After an accident, I couldn’t play anymore, but I still love watching it 🙂
Kelly Hockings says
I would love to win as it would be nice to do something for a change just me and my husband and spend some time together!
fiona gray says
The Olympics coming to London are a once in a lifetime experience and I would love to be a part of it, though I think the closest I will get is going to be seeing the torch coming through my home town.
I would love to win as i feel it will be such an event in our history, i would lovbe my son to be able to lok back and remember the time.
I would LOVE to win this;
I’ve never had the chance to go to any event like this and have always love the Olympics, in my lifetime, I don’t think they will be anything like this again.
I missed the torch go past the closest point to my home and i was going to be a ambassador but now unable so everything has gone against me 🙁
To have the opportunity to see an Olympic sport for real would be a dream come true. Would love my children to say they have attended
I would love to win because I missed out in the ticket ballot, and would love to be able to say I was there in the future.
olivia kirby says
It’s the only way i could see the Olympics for real.
It’s a once in a lifetime opportunity, isn’t it! 🙂
Karen Railton says
to see the olympics 🙂
tamalyn roberts says
I would love to take my sports mad son to the real olympics in London as we live out in the sticks and it would be such a brilliant experience for him, he held the olympic torch the other day and its a memory he will treasure forever so this would make it perfect
kathleen hooper says
this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to be part of a wonderful event
Pat Stubbs says
My granddaughter is 8 years old and would love to go to something in the Olympics. I didn’t get tickets in the ballot so would love to surprise her with this win
Dorothee Archambault says
Because both kids will be in France at that time and we really need a break!
Kirsty Jane Fox says
I would love to win because it will be a once in a lifetime opportunity, something that I don’t want to miss!
JANE DALE-BEAUMONT says
I would love to see London (the capital of the world) with all the Olympic excitement, hopefully we will do well with the medals on home turf.
Alison Thackray says
Tried to buy tickets, unsuccessfully, so though I’d try and win some instead – fingers crossed!
esther james says
Because I wold get the chance to experience a one in a life time event. I can’t afford to otherwise
esther james says
BECAUSE I WOULD GET TO EXPERIENCE A ONCE IN A LIFETIME EVENT!
Linda Hobbis says
I’d love to win because it’s a chance to witness history being made in our country – doesn’t happen very often! I also love London and would love a break with my new hubby. We didn’t have a honeymoon as we have two very young children.
Jo Bryan says
Just to be part of history and maybe be there when a new record is made.