I have been trying to explain to my nearly five year old that the Olympic games taking place on our doorstep is a once in a lifetime event and that we are incredibly lucky to have had a bird’s eye view of the Olympic park being built just up the road from us.
I won’t lie, I’m not a sporty person but I have watched the build up with interest and have delighted in how excited my son is about the flame doing it’s tour of the country. I have tried to explain to him how hard it has been for people to get tickets through the ballot process and dare say there will be tantrums come end of July when he realises he can’t go.
Quite what he’d do if he realised what I’m giving away on my blog today I don’t like to think.
Thomas Cook are the official provider of short breaks to the London 2012 Games. They’re the only place in the UK where customers can buy guaranteed Olympic and Paralympic tickets with accommodation during the Games.
These short breaks known as Games Breaks start from £99 per person and are a fantastic way of getting people from all over the UK to the Olympic Games.
The team from Thomas Cook recently met up with some London bloggers to talk about lesser known places visitors to London should go to. Keeping things close to home I sang the praises of Walthamstow and you can watch my video about it here:
Giveaway #49: Win a Thomas Cook Games Break for Two at London 2012
HOW TO ENTER
- Complete the Rafflecopter form below to confirm your entries made via blog comments, Twitter, Facebook etc.
- This giveaway is currently set to run until Saturday 9th June however it may close early or be extended without notice.
- Read the rules below. Entries are verified so please no fibbing.
- Winners are announced on the Rafflecopter form after they have claimed their prizes.
First timers: How Rafflecopter works (video clip)
- No form showing? Hit refresh and it should appear
- Complete the form – or your entries will not go into the draw
- Mandatory entries to be completed first; i.e. leave a blog comment
- Want more chances to win? Bookmark https://maisoncupcake.com/giveaway and come back daily to register your bonus entries!
- Viewing this by email? You need to click through to enter.
1. Open to UK residents over the age of 18.
2. The prize is a Thomas Cook Games Break for two comprising two official London 2012 tickets to watch the Volley Ball Women’s Preliminaries at London Earl’s Court at 8pm on August 3rd 2012 with one night’s standard double room accommodation for two with breakfast at the Ibis hotel Heathrow checking out on August 4th 2012.
3. Instructions form part of the terms and conditions.
4. No fibs: each winner’s tweet entries and subscriptions etc are cross checked, cheats will have ALL entries disqualified.
5. This giveaway is hosted on behalf of prize sponsor Thomas Cook who will deliver the prize(s) following confirmation of winners’ contact details. In the first instance the winner will be given a telephone number to claim their prize.
6. The prize sponsor’s decision is final and binding on entrants; no further correspondence will be entered into.
7. There is no cash or alternative to the prize stated.
8. The prize is selected in good faith, however the prize sponsor may substitute with one similar value/type if original one is unavailable.
9.Winners are picked by Rafflecopter using random.org and the site owner contacts them by the email.
10. Failure to claim prizes within 48 hrs will result in a replacement winner being chosen. Please make sure you are checking your email on 10th June.
Thomas Cook Competition Terms and Conditions
1) a) The prize is a 1 night hotel stay at Ibis Heathrow in London for two people sharing a Double Standard room including breakfast. With Check in on 3 August 2012 and check out on 4 August 2012.
b) The prize also includes 2 Olympic Volleyball, Women’s Preliminaries tickets at Earls Court London, for 3 August 2012 at 20.00pm.
c) The competition prize includes a Transport for London Games Travelcard valid for travel to and from Olympic events stated within the competition prize. Please see more details here http://www.london2012.com/visiting/getting-to-the-games/plan-your-travel/travel-tickets.php
2) Prize does not include transport to/from London. The Prize-winner and companion will be responsible for all costs of transportation and all expenses other than those specifically stated above as being included in the prize.
3) The prize must be taken as offered it is non transferable or refundable.
4) There is no cash or other alternative products or services available from Thomas Cook as an exchange.
5) This competition prize is subject to Thomas Cook London 2012 terms and conditions and legal notices, stated on the Thomas Cook London 2012 website.
6) These conditions of use and entry are subject to the London 2012 ticketing terms and conditions set out in the following link http://www.tickets.london2012.com/purchaseterms.html
7) The London 2012 Organising Committee (LOCOG) offer no guarantee in relation to the London 2012 ticket prize, and cannot be held liable for any injury, loss or damage of any kind arising from a winner’s and guest’s use of the London 2012 ticket prize.
8) The prize on offer can not be re-sold
9) Thomas Cook will not accept any responsibility for lost, stolen or damaged prizes after these have been delivered to the competition winner.
10) The competition is not open to employees or agencies of Thomas Cook Group, their group companies or family members or anyone else connected to the competition.
Entry implies acceptance of these rules.
Promoter: Thomas Cook London 2012 Partnership, Thomas Cook UK & Ireland, 2nd Floor Sterling House,
6-10 Georges Road, Wimbledon SW19 4DP.
With thanks to Thomas Cook