Easy chorizo canapes recipe suggestion from the recent Baxter’s tea party.
I recently attended an afternoon tea party hosted by Baxter’s. Out of the dozen recipes they gave me, I ended up making six of the savoury ones at home to reproduce what I’d seen that afternoon. I didn’t walk away intending to make so many or base three blog posts on these products but the ideas were so easy to replicate at home that I thought they were all worthy of being added to my archive of party food.
This chorizo canapes recipe uses Baxter’s tomato chutney. You could use any tomato based or onion based chutneys. The chorizo and mozzarella contrast each other bother in texture, colour and flavour. The rocket leaves finish off the pretty red, white and green effect.
The golden rule with canapes is that you should be able to eat them with one bite. By using mini oatcake bites, this chorizo canapes recipe scores top marks on that front. Your only problem will be managing to resist taking another one as the tray sails past!
- 2 bags of Nairn's Oat Bakes or 2 dozen mini oatcakes
- A little cream cheese (you can omit this if using proper mini oatcakes)
- 150g pack buffalo mozzarella (you won't need all of it)
- 100g pack chorizo sausage (ditto)
- ¼ jar Baxter's tomato chutney with red pepper or similar
- A handful of rocket leaves
- Dab some cream cheese between pairs of the Oatcake bites if using.
- Top each little sandwich (or biscuit) with a slim disc of buffalo mozzarella. Add 1tsp of the chutney and a slither of rocket to the top of each one, then top with a disc of chorizo.
With thanks to Baxter’s for supplying samples of chutney and beetroot.