A tasty beef tortilla wraps recipe that will look as fabulous out of your lunch box as on the party table.
Tortillas usually fall apart when I make them but pleasingly these beef tortilla wraps served in thick rings seem to stay intact. Tortilla wraps travel well and I have given them to my husband to take to work for his packed lunch.
This beef tortilla wraps recipe has started something of a wrap obsession in my house, they were so tasty I made them three times in a fortnight so they are worth sharing.
If you cannot find the Baxter’s chutney then any sweet chutney or onion marmalade would do. I thought the wraps cut into rings would look attractive in a party buffet.
Finally, if you think this beef tortilla wraps recipe looks familiar, I originally blogged them back in 2010 although they were lost in one long rambling post stuffed with three recipes and I decided they should be enjoyed on their own!
Are you chomping at the bit to go on a picnic?
- 4tbsp cream cheese
- 4 tortilla wraps
- ½ small pack of rocket salad
- Basil leaves
- 4 warm roast beef slices
- 8tbsp onion marmalade or chutney
- Spread 1tbsp of the cream cheese down the centre of each tortilla wrap. Top with a handful of the rocket salad along with a few basil leaves.
- Place a slice of the warm roast beef in the middle of each wrap. Then top each slice of beef with 2tbsp of the chutney.
- Roll up the tortilla and slice into thick diagonal discs to serve.
With thanks to Baxter’s for supplying samples of chutney and beetroot.